The Combined Advocacy Group Queensland (CAGQ) consists of 12 independent advocacy organisations in Queensland who are committed to providing advocacy for people with disabilities.
Independent advocacy is necessary to address serious issues of discrimination, abuse and neglect of people with a disability.
Advocacy represents the rights and interests of some of the most vulnerable people in our community, who do not have a voice.
The twelve advocacy agencies are:
- Gold Coast Disability Advocacy Inc.
- Independent Advocacy in the Tropics
- Ipswich Regional Advocacy Services Inc.
- Mackay Advocacy Inc.
- People with Disabilities Australia Inc.
- Queensland Advocacy Inc.
- Rights In Action Inc.
- Speaking Up For You Inc.
- Sunshine Coast Citizen Advocacy Inc.
- The Advocacy and Support Centre Inc.